Sodaro Estate Winery
2008 Felicity Cabernet Franc
California: Coombsville (Napa)
Today marks the long awaited return of Sodaro Estate. This time around, with a very exclusive and limited allocation of their unreleased 2008 Cabernet Franc. When Agent Red found out that there were only a handful of cases of this wine available in the winery’s private library, he rushed to secure every last case for our Franc-loving operatives.
Today’s 2008 Sodaro Estates Cabernet Franc is an extraordinary wine. With layers of lush aromatics this wine had our entire tasting panel inhaling the wine for ages before ever even tasting the wine. Flavors, which are absolutely delicious, are bold but perfectly balanced.
There is very little of this wine available, relative to the demand that we anticipate, so please rush to secure your bottles of this very highly recommended wine.
Beautiful deep magenta hues transition to a wide band of pure ruby at the edge.
Lush notes of chocolate covered cherry and blueberry, briar patch, sweet tobacco, black tea leaf, and hard leather.
Velvety soft mouth feel ushers in flavors of blackberry juice, black cherry, dark baker’s chocolate, dried Virginia tobacco leaf, and subtle brown spice.
Velvet-smooth and ultra long, with lingering fruit flavors that gradually give way to sweet tobacco, spice and a hint of black pepper at the tail end.
Our agents paired this Cabernet Franc with a juicy New York strip steak with a side of bacon-loaded mashed potatoes. Vegetarians may enjoy artichokes stuffed with breadcrumbs, aged gouda, lemon, and black pepper.
What the Winery Says
- Sodaro Estate Winery is situated within the Coombsville AVA which is recognized for having a climate that is more moderate than other parts of the Napa Valley. The San Pablo Bay influences temperatures in Coombsville by minimizing the extremes of heat and cold, thus extending the growing season and increasing the potential for flavor and color maturation.
- Bale Clay, Forward Gravelly, and Sobrante Loam
- All Sodaro Estate wines are crafted by Bill and Dawnine Dyer from our own estate grown fruit. Aged in 100% French Oak, this wine is a single vineyard 100% Cabernet Franc.
- Vintage Details
- The 2008 growing season was marked by dramatic variances in weather conditions. Periods of thick frost in the Spring lead to extraordinary heat spikes in the late Summer, with low overall rain totals throughout the maturation period. These challenging conditions handed to us by Mother Nature gave us a harvest half the size of 2007’s total yield, yet produced fruit with fine balance, great concentrations of flavor, and fragrant aromatic qualities, resulting in a spectacular outcome and a truly epic 2008 vintage.
- Tasting Notes
- Our 2008 Sodaro Felicity Cabernet Franc projects deep, limpid hues of brilliant garnet and ruby. This marvelous wine delights with aromas of bright cherry, sweet red pepper and ripe green olive. Our lively and exuberant 2008 Cabernet Franc is medium bodied offering smooth tannins that provide structure and a satisfying finish.
About the Winery
Evolution—the exact word that describes our efforts at Sodaro Estate Winery and that of 13,000 of the finest vines planted in one of the best wine growing soils and climates in the world. As you can see by the dictionary definition, evolution is a gradual process. This is particularly true in wine making; a process that takes years.