Hand Of God Wines
2010 Fingerprint Series Red
Red Blend •Sobremesa Vineyard
Born of vineyards that touch the heavens, today’s 2010 Hand of God Fingerprint Series Red is an extraordinary wine that our tasting panel went absolutely crazy over. This superb wine receives our heartiest recommendation.
The Sobremesa Vineyard is positioned 3,445 feet above sea level in the shadows of the tree-barren Andes mountain range. Sobremesa is chock full of deep gravel beds, mixed with smaller fractions of clay, lime, sand and rocks with good structure and perfect water drainage. The varietals that grow here, thrive in this climate.
Today’s wine is aromatic, delicious, complex, bold and concentrated. It is the perfect wine for lovers of rich, extracted Cabernet or deep red blends. Enjoy this great wine - with one of the longest finishes we’ve experienced in a wine - all on its own or with a great variety of complex food pairings.
Dark and foreboding with a deep and inky heart of darkest purple.
Dark and intense with concentrated black fruit of braised plum, blackberry and grilled mission fig, with floral black tea, Virginia tobacco leaf, hard dried leather and a hint of ground pepper.
Very plush on the palate, with intense flavors of ripest black cherry, blackberry and black currant. Dark chocolate, leather and tobacco add to the complexity of this bold wine.
Plush and firm with long-lingering black fruit flavors.
This big wine demands to be paired with something big, like a grilled t-bone steak, a loaded baked potato and broccoli rabe.
What the Winery Says
Ideally situated from 3,600 ft. above sea level in the Uco Valley, Mendoza, Sobremesa Vineyard is bathed in warm sunlight and touched by cool breezes blowing from the top reaches of the imposing Andes Mountains. Only a fraction of the highest quality grapes are carefully selected to impart the freshness of the higher altitudes. Harmoniously integrated immediately after fermentation, this commanding blend of 55% Malbec, 35% Syrah and 10% Petit Verdot boasts great power, multi-layered complexity and length.
- Tasting Notes - Neal Martin, The Wine Advocate
- “The 2010 Fingerprint Series Red Blend…has a very ripe, glossy bouquet that is loaded with glycerine. Notes of sloes, kirsch and fresh dates all vie for attention, combining to create a heady and attention grabbing bouquet. The palate is viscous on the entry. The tannins are bold but fine and support the multi-layered black fruit laced with dark chocolate, black pepper and a touch of sage. The texture is silky smooth, while the finish is impressive in terms of its composure and delineation, with a sprinkle of white pepper lingering on the aftertaste. Drink 2014-2020.”
- Malbec-Syrah-Petit Verdot
- Uco Valley
- Vineyard Designation
- Sobremesa Vineyard
- 20 months in 50% new French oak, 50% 2nd year seasoned oak
About the Winery
HAND OF GOD IS…
- One of the best winemakers in the world, a ‘Master of Malbec’, partnered with a venture capitalist visionary whose experience in high tech and social media startups generates incredible wines presented with unconventional style through unorthodox channels. Collaboration extends to our staff, field hands, philanthropies, friends, and most importantly, our customers.
- We’ve taken the best, most efficient winemaking approaches from both the new and old worlds, at times resulting in the simplest technological solutions to complex processes. We push the boundaries in the way our consumers experience our wine. We produce unusual Argentine blends and Malbec from some truly old vines that are super-focused, powerful and well-cared for. We still plow our soil by horse even though tractors can do it faster and we hand pick our grapes rather than use a machine. We are seriously passionate about the craftsmanship of our wine.
- We’re conscientious of every element of our wine and know that to create the best results, the winemaking process has to be accomplished thoughtfully and locally at every step. From choosing the vineyard sites to creating the final blend, we have chosen the best Mendoza has to offer. We’re also our own producer and importer.
- Our vineyards, wines and winemaker are natives of Argentina. It is a country full of passion, mystique, natural wonders and great traditions. It is iconic: gauchos, street art, tangos, Evita, the Andes Mountains, asados, and extraordinary wine. Let us share this world that you may have not yet experienced, through our wines and our collaboration of experiences and stories yet untold.