Lively aromas of white rose, jasmine, fresh white pear and Meyer lemon. Crisp and refreshing acidity married with great viscosity and fresh minerality. The finish is long with complex layers of chalky, fresh green apple and lemongrass.

Winemaker Notes We picked fruit from the vineyard on six separate occasions and fermented all lots ranging in size from three to eight tons separately. The first lot of grapes came in to the winery on August 22nd and the last lot on September 22nd. By harvesting so many times and managing so many different fermentations we were able to gain several benefits. The early fruit helped to preserve the wine’s crisp acidity. The wine made from the later picks had greater depth of flavor. To further increase complexity we fermented 32% of the fruit in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks, where very slow (136 days), cool fermentations (as low as 50F) resulted in clean, bright, tropical fruit flavors. The remaining 68% was fermented in barrel, contributing enhanced mouthfeel and lightly-spiced honeycomb flavors. Native yeasts were allowed to work on both the tank and barrel wines, slowly turning the sugars to alcohol and imparting yet greater dimensions of texture and flavor. Each component had its unique character and when finally blended together created a wine that has great complexity and layers of flavor.