- 55% Merlot, 45% Cabernet Sauvignon
- The soils display great diversity from one side of the estate to the other. This diversity is the wealth of Château Goudichaud. The vineyard can be divided into three parts: a central plateau which is composed of clay and limestone, the gravel is about three feet deep; then on each side of this plateau, gravely slopes enjoy optimal exposure. This gravelly soils, common to the Graves de Vayres, are clayey, deep and generous. Graves de Vayres AOC is considered to give more consistent quality of both red and white than other parts of Entre-deux-mers.
- The vines are trained so as to obtain an over maturity of the grapes which will emphasize the fruit and the roundness. Consequently, the grape harvest is done as late as possible, according to the climate and the state of the grapes. The berries are then sorted and taken to the vats. The vinification is controlled through juice and pomace temperature. A daily tasting allows for modification.
- TASTING NOTES
- This wine has an intense dark-inky color with garnet reflections. Round tannins, soft yet
powerful, evolve within, with great persistence. It also presents a generous feel on the palate,
fruity and balanced. Aromas of black licorice, blackberry and cocoa, are noticed as well as
discreet notes of oak and spice on the finish.
- Lots of freshness! To be consumed with poultry and red meats, but also with cheese,
(“mimolette” as an example).
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS
- Serve between 60ºF (16 ºC) and 64ºF (18 ºC)
- ALCOHOL CONTENT