Mission Codename The Real Deal
In the famous Dry Creek Valley, at the northern end of Sonoma County, sits Bradford Mountain. This, the tallest of the surrounding hills, is just 15 miles from the Pacific Ocean, whose early evening fog cools the grapes that have been ripening in the sun. This cycle of cooling and ripening gives the fruit here a special advantage over valley floor fruit. It is the stress of this cycle that gives the grapes their special character.
Today’s wine; Peterson Winery 2011 Bradford Mountain Estate Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, is loaded with character. The wine shows a delightful balance of fruit and savory elements, making it a uniquely delicious delight.
Enjoy this very food-friendly wine with a variety of pairings. We suggest a roast, an herb chicken or pork chops with rosemary. Yum!
What the Winery Says
2011 Bradford Mountain Estate Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- 100% Bradford Mountain Estate Vineyard
- Varietal Breakdown
- 80% Cabernet Sauvignon Oct. 13, 10% Cabernet Franc Sept. 29, 5% Petit Verdot, 3% Merlot, 2% Malbec.
- Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County
- Barrel Aging
- 22 months
- 50% new French oak barrels, 25% 2-year-old French oak barrels, 25% 4-7 year-old neutral French oak barrels
- July 24, 2013 (unfined & unfiltered)
- 450 cases (750 ml), 20 cases (375 ml)
- Release Date
- June 2014
- Jamie Peterson