Mission Codename Demonstration of Greatness
Today’s Rasa Vineyards 2009 QED Red Blend passed through one of our toughest Tasting Panels ever with flying colors. And how did it do that? Easy - this wine is jaw droppingly delicious.
Rasa Vineyards, nestled in Washington’s Columbia Valley, is the passion project of the Naravane Brothers. After a few years working in the tech industry, these two decided to produce high-quality wines that highlight each vineyard’s particular terroir. And, boy, did they succeed beautifully.
Today’s red is a blend of mostly Syrah (71% Syrah, 14% Grenache, 12% Mourvedre and 3% Viognier), and the wine shows remarkable balance. Each varietal is perfectly proportioned, with room to show off its distinct contribution to the overall blend.
Please enjoy our heartiest recommendation for today’s stunning wine.
What the Winery Says
2009 QED Red Blend
- Yashodhan (Billo) Naravane
- 92 Points - Stephen Tanzer, 91 Points - Wine Enthusiast
- Columbia Valley, Washington
- Fruit Variety
- 71% Syrah (Les Collines, Seven Hills, Portteus Vineyards), 14% Grenache (Minick Vineyard), 12% Mourvèdre (Minick Vineyard), and 3% Viognier (Les Collines Vineyard)
- Barrel Regime
- 23 months in French oak, 25% new