Mission Codename The Mouth Pleaser
Today’s William Gordon Winery 2010 Alexander Valley Petite Sirah posed a bit of a challenge for us at first glance. After tasting a great many highly rated wines, that 99 Point score set some pretty lofty expectations. Could this Petite Sirah possibly live up to the hype? To put it simply: this was one of the most delicious wines we’ve tasted in quite some time. Dripping with layer upon layer of lush, complex flavors, this is a wine to savor.
Combine this amazing wine with a budget friendly price, and you’ve got an absolute winner. If you’re anything like us, this is a wine to stock up on!
What the Winery Says
2010 Alexander Valley Petite Sirah
- Gordon Drake, Bill Pesonen
- 99 Points - Master Sommelier Catherine Fallis
- Alexander Valley, Sonoma County, California
- Viña de Las Peñas Vineyard
- 22 months in American oak