2013 Estate Red Blend
Red Blend •Pine Ridge, Double Canyon, Chamisal and Seghesio Vineyards
Beauty in Everything
- This wine was made from:
- Cabernet Sauvignon from Pine Ridge ~
- Petite Verdot and Merlot from Napa Valley ~
- Syrah from Horse Heaven Hills, Washington ~
- Zinfandel from Alexander Valley in Sonoma County ~
- and Grenache from Edna Valley, California.
These are the vineyards of Pine Ridge, Chamisal, Seghesio and Double Canyon. If that doesn’t grab you, the fact that Pine Ridge’s winemaker made this wine will.
Michael chose the best of the best from these vineyards - and blended them up into what is a truly impressive wine.
Fragrant and juicy on the nose, with aromas of Bing cherry, blackberry jam, blueberry, spice box, cigar box and toasty oak.
Astonishingly delicious, with a palate full of blackberry, black cherry, smoky blueberry, kola nut, sweet smoky cedar, cured meats, blackberry candy, chocolate covered cherry, subtle spice and a hint of savory spice.
Michael Beaulac has made wines for Markham Vineyards and Murphy Goode, Merry Edwards and Laurier. Most recently, Michael made wine at St. Supery, where he spent seven years working with renowned French winemaker Michel Roland.
Today’s wine is offered to you with our very boldest recommendation.
Dark maroon hues at the core, brilliant garnet at the edges. Wine stained tears form high up on the glass wall after a good swirl. They take a while to form before running slowly downward.
Bing cherry, blackberry jam, blueberry, spice box, cigar box and toasty oak.
Blackberry, black cherry, smoky blueberry, kola nut, sweet smoky cedar, cured meats, blackberry candy, chocolate covered cherry, subtle spice and a hint of savory spice.
After a soft entry, medium tannins help to sustain rich flavors for a very long time. Long after the wine leaves your palate, a soft dryness spreads across the entire palate.
A genius pairing for this wine would be an herb rubbed sirloin tip roast, or your favorite gourmet burger.
What the Winery Says
- Michael Beaulac
- Red Blend
- 35% Cabernet Sauvignon from Pine Ridge, Napa
- 22% Petite Verdot from Pine Ridge, Napa
- 20% Syrah from Double Canyon, Horse Heaven Hills
- 18% Zinfandel from Seghesio, Alexander Valley
- 4% Grenache from Chamisal, Edna Valley
- 1% Merlot from Pine Ridge, Napa
- 18 months
- 35% new French oak
- Release date
- September, 2015
- 3800 cases