Mission Codename Unreal
What’s a Wine Intrigue Awards celebration without a SHOCKING VALUE!
We had sold out of this record-breaking, earth-shattering wine fast before but a miraculous few more bottles shook out just in time for 2019 WIA…
This is once again as RARE as an opportunity could get. How come? Let’s break that down…
1) This is the 2nd label of Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars, yes, THE iconic SLWC, winner of the historic Paris Tasting of 1976.
2) The vineyards lie just 15 miles north of Napa Valley in the Red Hills of Lake County.
3) Vintage is 2009, a 10-year-aged library release arriving winery direct.
4) It’s 100% pure Cabernet Sauvignon.
5) The price is under $15 per bottle.
6) It’s undeniably delicious, showing no signs of fatigue.
7) On the contrary, it’s wonderful to drink now.
8) At that price? C’mon. Where’s the catch?
9) There isn’t that much available.
10) It’s here for ONE FINAL DAY THANKS TO WIA. Only at The Wine Spies. While it lasts.
Remarkably vibrant and youthful in appearance with a bright crimson hue. Wearing a classic Cabernet perfume, with blackcurrant, blackberry, cherry, and spice, showcasing unexpected youth and energy for its age. The surprises continue over a lively palate, with freshness and fine tannins. Round texture, ripe, generous flavors, on a soft, forthright, delicious finale wrap it all up. Enjoy this stunning value with pasta with hearty Bolognese sauce, meatballs or a roast chicken.
Okay one last thing. If you hesitate because it’s not from Napa Valley? Well, the Red Hills AVA is the next frontier. Schrader Cellar’s woke up a while back to this secret appellation with their Double Diamond Cabernets. Nils Venge knew of the vast potential too with his Cougar’s Leap. High above the clouds at 1,350 to 2,600 feet elevation volcanic hillsides, the intense mountain fruit here can get mind-blowing in the right hands.
Remarkably vibrant and youthful in appearance with a bright crimson hue.
Classic Cabernet perfume, with blackcurrant, blackberry, cherry, and spice.
The surprises continue over a lively palate, with freshness and fine tannins.
Round texture, ripe, generous flavors, on a soft, forthright, delicious finale.
Enjoy with pasta with hearty Bolognese sauce, meatballs or a roast chicken.
What the Winery Says
2009 'Hawk Crest' Red Hills Cabernet Sauvignon
- Nicki Pruss
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Red Hills, Lake County
- 12 months in neutral French oak