2016 Treasure Hunter 'Last Word' Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
Washington: Columbia Valley
Back in September when we had originally featured this with a 40% discount we thought that it just couldn’t get better.
Thought that WAS the Last Word. It wasn’t. Now for an extra special 50% off to celebrate its well deserved WIA, this must be the LAST LAST LAST WORD?
This is indisputably the nether, a no-man’s-land where such Cabs have ever explored at way under $20. Dare we say, not even engineers of over-delivering Washingtonians such as Charles Smith, Dave Phinney, or Joey Wagner have ever come close to the intensity with this Last Word. Why we need to elaborate any further on THE Last Word is beyond us, anyway, it IS the Last Word, full stop, final-final, mic drop, over and out dammit!
- Operatives: Okay, fine, well, how about a tasting note at least?
Did someone turn the lights off? I can’t see through this, is that dark ruby? The nose is exotically spicy, deep, concentrated with plum, nutmeg, cedar, and cherry. A richly flavored red blossom once sipped, supple, and complex with currants, herbs, and toasty oak. With almost digital precision, beautifully integrated, while supremely long on the truly impressive finish. An inspirational accomplishment with a $100 feel, ready for exquisite cuts of the best meats you can obtain, or if meat is not your thing, toss some fresh pasta with cream and exotic mushrooms, under a mountain of just grated Parmigiano…
- Agent Noir: Did I say this is an astonishing value even at $30 before an insane 40% savings on top?
- Operatives: Shut up already Agent Noir, thought you called the Last Word out like 100 words ago.
- Agent Noir: Can’t help it, that’s just the name of the wine anyway, may I have a VERY LAST word?
- Operatives: Okay, OKAY we’ll buy cases and cases, until it sells out just so you stop babbling away!
- Agent Noir: …
Did someone turn the lights off? I can’t see through this, is that dark ruby?
Exotically spicy, deep, concentrated with plum, nutmeg, cedar, and cherry.
Richly flavored, supple, and complex with currants, herbs, and toasty oak.
With almost digital precision, beautifully integrated, while supremely long.
An inspirational accomplishment with a $100 feel, ready for exquisite cuts.
What the Winery Says
- Joe Otos
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Columbia Valley, Washington
- 20 months in French oak
- 18 barrels